PALM SUNDAY PALM PICK-UP
BLESSED PALMS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PICK UP ON PALM SUNDAY, APRIL 5, FROM 12NOON TO 3PM in both the St. Mary and St. Therese Halls. Please be considerate of others by following the guidelines of the CDC on social distancing. And pick up some for relatives, neighbors, etc. who may not otherwise be able to get out.
There will also be collection baskets in the hall for you to make your Palm Sunday AND Easter offerings to your Parish. We thank you for your continued support and generosity. May we all remain united in prayer. Blessings to all!
LATEST PARISH UPDATE REGARDING COVID-19 (March 24)
- The Archdiocese of Hartford has CANCELLED all weekend and weekday Masses, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, in the churches of the Archdiocese through April 30, 2020 (subject to be modified, extended, or revoked when necessary). This includes the liturgies of Holy Week and Easter, and our parish First Communions and Confirmation. Parishes will be advised regarding what spiritual opportunities can be offered during this most holy season of the liturgical year. Priests will celebrate a daily Mass alone with no congregation, remembering in prayer all who are affected by the pandemic. Parishes will make provision for their churches to be open at some time so that individuals can still come and pray. The faithful are encouraged to watch Mass on TV or online, and say a Spiritual Act of Communion (see below). Further direction and updates from the Archdiocese can be found at www.archdioceseofhartford.org/coronavirus.
- Confessions will continue to be heard, with necessary precautions, on Saturdays at 4:00 PM at St. Mary ONLY.
- In light of this recent update, Fr. Keefe has EXTENDED the cancellation of all parish activities and ministries through at least APRIL 30.
- In addition, the Parish Office is temporary CLOSED to the public, to protect both the staff and the general public. Most staff are working from home and will be checking voicemails and emails. We will update as soon as the office is re-opened.
- Per the diocese, during this time parishioners who are absent from Mass are urged to make alternate provision for their weekly contributions since parishes depend on them for operation. Mail your offertory to the Parish Office, or sign up for Online Giving to make a recurring or one-time donation at https://www.saintjohnboscobranford.org/onlinegiving.
Let us all draw closer to the Lord in this time, and continue to pray for everyone affected by the virus. Although we may be temporarily physically isolated from one another, we are still one in the Body of Christ. Mary, health of the sick, pray for us!
JORGE'S MUSICAL MEDITATIONS
Tune in to our parish YouTube channel every Friday at 7:00 PM to live-stream Jorge's Musical Meditations!
STAY CONNECTED TO US!
Follow us on social media to stay connected to us despite social distancing. We will post updates, spiritual resources, etc. on the MyParish App and Facebook page regularly. *Note: you do NOT need a Facebook account in order to view the Facebook page.
St. John Bosco Parish YouTube Channel
HOW TO WATCH MASS FROM HOME
The television Mass is broadcast seven days a week at 10:00 AM on WCCT-TV (WB20) and WCTX-TV (MyTV9). It can also be seen Saturday and Sunday at 5:00 AM on WCCT-TV. The Mass can also be found streaming live at these times on http://www.ortv.org/streaming/streaming.htm.
The Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) is available from many local cable providers. The daily Mass is televised at 12:00 AM, 8:00 AM, 12:00 PM, and 7:00 PM. The Mass can also be found streaming live at these times on www.ewtn.com. Various prayers and devotions are offered at different hours of the day.
The daily Mass can be found streaming on https://saltandlighttv.org/live in English at 6:30 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM, and 10:30 PM.
The daily Mass can be found streaming on www.catholictv.org/watch-live at the following times: 9:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 7:00 PM, and 11:30 PM.
SPIRITUAL ACT OF COMMUNION
ST. JOHN BOSCO PARISH
On June 29, 2017 the three Catholic parishes of Branford (St. Mary, St. Therese, and St. Elizabeth) were united into one parish named St. John Bosco Parish. This new, united parish will have the use of two church buildings: St. Mary Church and St. Therese Church. While St. Elizabeth Church will no longer have any regularly scheduled Masses, the parish family of St. Elizabeth will be a vital part of the new parish of St. John Bosco. We look forward to all the opportunities this merger will provide as our churches join together to form a more vibrant and prayerful Catholic community here in Branford.
We are excited to welcome the patronage and guidance of St. John Bosco into the Branford Catholic community. If you would like to know more about our new name and the patron saint of our new, united parish, CLICK HERE to find information about his life and service in the Church.
PARISH VISION PLAN
We are excited to present our Parish Vision Plan, which lays out goals for the next three years to help us live our mission more fully, and the milestones we've determined are necessary to meet our goals. These are priorities of where we feel we need to improve on as a parish, based on the results of our parish survey. Please take some time to read it by clicking here, and see how your family can help us achieve these goals. For more info or with any questions, please contact Sue Allen at [email protected].