PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN…OF ALL AGES
Child sexual abuse is a worldwide public health issue. Child abuse, particularly child sexual abuse, is reprehensible – especially when the wrongdoer is affiliated with the Church. The Archdiocese of Hartford and St. John Bosco Parish are dedicated to ensuring the protection of all children, youth, and vulnerable adults by maintaining a safe environment. Individuals who have regular contact with children under the age of 18 as a catechist, teacher’s aide, chaperone or volunteer for the Church or the School, or with potentially vulnerable adults, are required to complete a background check form and attend a 3-hour education program on this topic. These workshops are held at regular intervals in various locations throughout the Archdiocese of Hartford. A list of scheduled workshops can be found by CLICKING HERE and selecting "Hartford, CT (Archdiocese)" from the drop-down list or by following the steps below:
- Go to the Archdiocese of Hartford website: archdioceseofhartford.org
- Click on the tab marked “Protection of Youth” at the top of the page
- Click on "Registration and Schedules of training in the Archdiocese of Hartford" (in the middle of the page, under the “Training Programs and Background Checks” heading)
- Select “Hartford, CT (Archdiocese)” from the drop-down list given
- To pre-register for a workshop, click on “Start Registration” (in the gray box at the top or bottom of the listing) to create a username and password for yourself and register for a workshop
REPORTING AN INCIDENT OF SEXUAL ABUSE
If you have knowledge or suspect that a minor or vulnerable adult (an adult with an intellectual disability) has been sexually abused, in any manner, by personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford, you are urged to report this information. You can CLICK HERE to view or download instructions on how to contact Kathleen D. Nowosadko, Victim Assistance Coordinator for the Archdiocese of Hartford, and report such an incident.
Additional information can be found at the Archdiocese of Hartford Office of Safe Environment website.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT HANDBOOK
All clergy, employees, and volunteers who work with minors and vulnerable adults must agree to and follow the policies and procedures found in the Archdiocese of Hartford Office of Safe Environment Handbook: Policies and Procedures for the Protection of Minors and Vulnerable Adults and the Code of Ministerial Behavior For Personnel of the Archdiocese of Hartford. A copy of this Handbook can be found by CLICKING HERE.