The Social Action Group (Adult & Teen) spreads awareness, advocates for change, and acts to improve the lives of people in need. The group oversees our parish outreach and service activities including:
- Columbus House - monthly food donations, prepare/serve hot meals at Columbus House shelter in New Haven
- Midnight Run - assembles and delivers bagged lunches and meals for the homeless in New Haven
- Abraham's Tent - one week among hosting parishes for 12 homeless men seeking jobs/housing
- Monthly Food Collection - monthly collection on the 2nd Sunday of the month of nonperishables for the Branford Food Pantry
- Senior Smiles - sharing hope and cheer, as well as visits and reading sessions, to local nursing homes
- Prayer Quilts - sew/knit/crochet prayer quilts for babies of moms in crisis and hospice patients, and sew baptism bibs for parish baptisms. Donations of yarn, cotton fabric (kid patterns and pastel solids, batting, and thread, always welcome.
- HomeFront, Habitat for Humanity, Raise the Roof - repairing/building homes for families in need
- Mission Trip Team - week-long trips planned locally/nationally to bring hope and help to those in need
- Teen Social Action Group - students in Grades 7-12 who volunteer with the above projects
For more information, contact Pat Caprolione at 203-435-5147 or [email protected] or Jenny Smith at 203-488-1607, ext. 202 or [email protected].
Back to Top Share this page on